Element Power was established in 2008 with the backing of Hudson Clean Energy's inaugral $1bn fund and quickly set about attracting some of the best talent in the renewables sector. With a high-quality development portfolio spanning diversified geographies from South and Central Americas to Northern Europe the organisation was soon established as a significant player in the renewables arena. Since then the business has naturally evolved to its present position which sees a focus on a number of Northern European markets leading the way in renewables development.
- December - Element Power gains consent for Windy Rig Wind Farm, a 40.8MW wind energy project in Scotland. Read more >>
June - Element Power completes sale of Grimsås, a 47MW Swedish wind energy project. Read more >>
May - Element Power sells UK battery storage project to Italian electricity utility, Enel, delivering one of the country’s first battery storage facilities. Read more >>
- April - Mike O'Neill, CEO, meets Energy Advisor at 10 Downing Street along with other IREGG members in an effort to campaign for a level playing field and a longer term commitment to onshore wind in Britain - read more >>
- December - Greenlink agrees new 500MW connection agreement to Pembroke substation. Read more >>
October - Element Power wins tender for Great Britain’s National Grid: Enhanced Frequency Response. Read more >>
- December - Planning permission granted to construct the 27MW Twentyshilling Hill Wind Farm in Ireland which could provide enough electricity to power over 14,000 homes every year.
- September - Consent obtained for the Tullymurdoch Wind Farm which when operational, could supply up to 9,300 homes in Scotland.
- August - N. European development fund raising closed
- February - Construction starts on the 32.4MW Barranafaddock Wind Farm in Ireland. When complete this will make a considerable contribution to the local economy.
- December - Element Power closes sale of 45MW of the Irish 9.2MW Garranereagh wind farm and the 36MW Monaincha wind farm to BlackRock
- August - Army Awards 2nd Technology Under $7 Billion Renewable Energy Multiple Award Task Order Contracts (MATOC) to a group of 22 qualified solar technology contractors including Element Power.
- April - Joint venture with UPM (Finland)
- January - First Solar Acquires 50 megawatt AC Macho Springs Project, USA, from Element Power Solar
September - Element Power’s Finland office opened, formalising EP's market intentions
- May - Element Power and Kraftö Vind obtain permission for the construction of the c.36 MW Grimsås wind farm in Sweden
- May - enXco closes on the purchase of the Bobcat Bluff Wind Project, Texas
- March - Element Power Solar completes development and sale of 6MW UK solar parks to Foresight Group
- October - Element Power signs connection agreement for 150MW in Poland
- June - Swedish business established. Joint venture with Kraftö Vindkraft.
- March - Joint venture with RDS (Scotland)
- Element Power Solar Exceeds Projected Power Delivery In 2011. Element Power Solar (EPS) delivered 84GWh to the grid, roughly 10% more than expected by plant shareholders, advisors and lenders.
- October - Element Power Ireland is established
- March - Element Power successfully secured a €71.2m joint financing for the Almatret wind farm in Spain
- February - Element Power UK is established
- February - Element Power acquired a 1.4 GW portfolio of wind development assets from EcoEnergy.
- October - Element Power Poland is formed
- March - Element Power completes its first wind farm; the 11.7MW Concejiles wind farm in Spain.
- October - Element Power established, backed by the Hudson Clean Energy PE Fund, a leading global private equity firm dedicated solely to investing in renewable power, alternative fuels, energy efficiency and storage.
- Southern Europe, North American business established (incl. Chile & Panama)